Sunday, January 4, 2009

4th Day w/o coffee


My friend, and core ELOY member, Gloria Roman, was at our monthly CPR meeting today. If I hadn't known her personally, I would have spotted her as a locavore immediately by the cucumber that she was munching on.


I'm on my fourth day without coffee. No point, just a call for pity.





For lunch I steamed brown rice, stir-fried beet greens and onions, and pressure cooked beets. Delicious!






Joanne bought apples that became applesauce in the pressure cooker. Just apples and water.... what flavor! I highly recommend that you locavores use this as a staple!




I need to impress upon my readers what a sacrifice it is to eat only local food. To make my point, I have posted below a photo of the dinner that Joanne made for us tonight. Pork chops, today's applesauce, potato wedges, and zucchini. And we have 361 days to go. Give us strength.

2 comments:

Chef Rachel Main said...

I love your plea for strength and pity.
We are blessed with abundance here. I, however, am not blessed with proper planning. I'm jonesing for some meat right now, Kris! Can't wait for the Ojai farmer's market. I'm headed straight for Jiminez Family Farms!!!

Robert M Geraci said...

right on!