Thursday, January 29, 2009

Easing Up

I wrote myself a note on 1/20 saying that it was still hard being off of coffee. That seems to be easing up. In the last 5 days, I have been feeling more comfortable without coffee and thinking about it very little.

Tomorrow I will be having my second non-local, exception meal. (The rule book can be found at: Guidelines .) I am interested to see how I will feel after some non-local and a couple of cups of coffee.

I don't remember if I told you, but my plan is to stay off of gluten this year; even when having exception meals. This is a completely different issue than eating locally which has to do with the enormous statistical incidence of chronic gut damage from gluten consumption. The point I want to make here is that I have gotten a boost for staying off of gluten by being on the the Eat Local diet. I am simply feeling more connected to what I am eating and not eating. I have never before gone a year without gluten and am pleased to have this opportunity to achieve it. Gluten is found in wheat, barley, rye, some oats, spelt and kamut. Try going off it for even a week. :)

No comments: